2018-04-23 Server, Render, Spacecraft Factory

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

2018-04-23 Server, Render, Spacecraft Factory

Postby Haxus » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:22 pm

Server Crashes
This weekend had its share of server crashes, especially considering that I did not update the servers this week. The causes for those crashes were fixed.

Render Bugs
The update on Friday introduced some render bugs. Some were fixed. Some are still being fixed.

Spacecraft Factory
Spacecraft factories stopped making spacecraft after a recent update.

I suspect the problem was caused when freshly finalized designs got unloaded right away because they weren't being used. Unfortunately, they may have been unloaded before getting saved into the database. I made changes to prevent this but testing is needed.

I will go to each broken spacecraft factory and set the default design to nothing. You will probably need to refinalize those designs and visit the spacecraft factory, to get them going again.

Delete Home Bug
When an avatar creates their first building they automatically tie to it as their home. If they then delete that building and spawn recall, they are sent to a new homeworld.

When a building is deleted, any avatars at the world who are tied to it are now untied from it.
Haxus
Site Admin

Re: 2018-04-23 Server, Render, Spacecraft Factory

Postby Haxus » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:44 pm

From the sounds of it, that took care of the spacecraft factory problem. I went to every affected spacecraft factory and stopped them from trying to make nonexistant designs. They should function normally now.
Haxus
Site Admin

Return to Updates