2018-04-09 Production Lines

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

2018-04-09 Production Lines

Postby Haxus » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:58 am

Production Lines
Some buildings were causing large spikes in cpu demand, mainly when they had a lot of manufacturing processes. For example, a wharf had over 36k fishing processes and a farm had over 48k fields. The way buildings manage manufacturing processes was changed. The number of shops no longer increases server work load.

You will see this change on the Manufacture page of the Building window. There is no longer a manufacturing process panel for every possible worker. Instead, there is one for each production line that is making something.

A production line with one worker assigned is just like before, with the worker enabled. Now you can assign more than one worker to each production line, up to the number of shops|fields|etc. in the building. Number of shops assigned to a production line increases the amount of materials consumed and the amount of materials produced.

All workers must be present for all the shops assigned to a production line for the process to run. Workers are delegated to production lines from top to bottom. If the building has less workers than needed by production lines, then the bottom ones may not be able to run. You can reorder production lines in the list.

When a player pushes Run on a production line, they are supplying the efforts of one worker. If the production line only requires one worker, that is enough and the process will run. Otherwise, enough workers must be present plus the player, for the process to run.

If a player pushes Run on a disabled production line, it consumes/produces materials as if one worker ran it.

This change does not affect old style cities.
Haxus
Site Admin

Re: 2018-04-09 Production Lines

Postby Minty » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:04 am

sounds like its time to make every building of mine have 69k processes
Minty

Postby Haxus » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:40 am

Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Deantwo » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:53 am

Looks nice.

Are the management buttons are correctly hidden/disabled when I don't have permission to use them?

Does the "obsolete product" and "patent already recorded" process result indicating the QL of the discarded product?

Maybe an indicator that an avatar can't run a job alone is required, so newbies don't get stuck hammering RUN when they clearly can't. User feedback is important.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby Ikkir Isth » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:58 am

No more comboboxes?

Making things with OpenGL: Image
Working on- an exploration game.
@Ikkir_Isth
Ikkir Isth

Postby jakbruce2012 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:51 pm

It's the dawn of a new age.
jakbruce2012

Postby Deantwo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:08 pm

Not really a bug, more of an observation.
Having production not run at all while the building don't have enough workers is extremely annoying.

I have to manually go to the building, lower the number of shops used on the production line and run it a few times. Then I have to set the number of shops back to the maximum, because else I will forget and production will forever be at less than it should be.

Would so much more prefer that the process time was just increased if the number of workers was not enough or something. It would also be less confusing for newbies because some work would still get done. Like I said, there needs to be some user feedback about why a production line isn't being run and why you can't run it manually. Possibly also add the number of workers to the manufacturing tab, so we don't have to change back and though.

This is mostly an issue because of the slow immigration rate I guess.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby QuakeIV » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:23 pm

It would be nice if the workers assigned and production quality fields showed the maximum possible input value. Would make it a little more pleasant to use from the perspective of new players or people who forgot how many processes a building has.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.

Vae Victus
QuakeIV

Postby Seathre » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:36 pm

Deantwo wrote:Not really a bug, more of an observation.
Having production not run at all while the building don't have enough workers is extremely annoying.

I have to manually go to the building, lower the number of shops used on the production line and run it a few times. Then I have to set the number of shops back to the maximum, because else I will forget and production will forever be at less than it should be.

Would so much more prefer that the process time was just increased if the number of workers was not enough or something. It would also be less confusing for newbies because some work would still get done. Like I said, there needs to be some user feedback about why a production line isn't being run and why you can't run it manually. Possibly also add the number of workers to the manufacturing tab, so we don't have to change back and though.

This is mostly an issue because of the slow immigration rate I guess.

+1 this, please fix.
Seathre

Return to Updates