2018-03-23 Designer Station

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

2018-03-23 Designer Station

Postby Haxus » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:06 pm

Designer Station
An integrated designer station can now be added to spacecraft designs. It has a screen but nothing appears there yet. It might show occupancy some day.

Each designer station is the entrance to a separate design studio instance. 'E' into the designer station and, instead of sitting/standing at the station, you enter the studio. Other people who enter the same designer station enter into the same studio.

Design studios on a spacecraft are not password protected.

Citizen Post
Citizen post can now be placed on spacecraft designs. It was previously disabled because there was no apparent purpose. Now you can place them in spacecraft designs to indicate sitting/standing positions, like the seat of a chair or a piano bench. Players can E into them to assume that station/pose.

Troop Post
Troop posts can be placed on ships and buildings but players cannot E into them, only AI can do it. Fixed. The bug affected Citizen Posts also, now fixed.
Haxus
Site Admin

Re: 2018-03-23 Designer Station

Postby Vectorus » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:28 pm

Haxus wrote:Citizen post can now be placed on spacecraft designs.

I assume you can now sit in buildings, too?
Vectorus

Postby Haxus » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:31 pm

Citizen post could already be placed in buildings. You could not sit in them before. You should be able to now.

I suspect that a player cannot E into a citizen post that is outside on the ground. The code to enter the station likely requires the player to be "in" the building, which would require a room void at least.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Haxus » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:47 pm

I wanted access to a design studio aboard my ship countless times over the years. It would have saved a lot of time porting to cities, to try something in a design studio.

I demonstrated this to Paula, starting in the design preview in the designer, orbiting a world. She hadn't seen the preview at all and didn't realize how complete it was. Then I exited the preview to show her it was just the designer preview. Then the big rabbit came out of the hat when I exited the design studio into my cabin on my ship. She displayed a satisfying level of amazement. :D
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Vectorus » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:00 pm

Haxus wrote:I suspect that a player cannot E into a citizen post that is outside on the ground. The code to enter the station likely requires the player to be "in" the building, which would require a room void at least.

If you are planning to liberalize the placement of room voids and barriers, i.e. to allow them to work outside building hulls, that wouldn't be too much of a problem. We need our park benches, dedicated to the memory of Lavrenti.

Haxus wrote:She displayed a satisfying level of amazement.

Bravo! What more can a man ask? I hope Paula's pet project gets the same standard of cheerleading.
Vectorus

Postby jakbruce2012 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:55 pm

I was just wondering when ship interiors were going to get chairs that didn't tie to systems. Should make for more interesting interior work. The mobile studio is a nice bonus too. I do spend a lot of time in the studio.
jakbruce2012

Return to Updates