2018-03-14 Buildings

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

Re: 2018-03-14 Buildings

Postby Deantwo » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:56 pm

Vectorus wrote:Not that we have knowable part numbers, a "man station number x" order would also be helpful. Not sure if part numbers show up when you look at a station, maybe they should?

AnrDaemon wrote:They are not only not choosing closest station, they could run away from entire bridge of free stations down to some medbay or teleportation room.

Preferred logic would be to check closest console station when the order is given, maybe a maximum distant away, if it is free take that. If that console isn't free or if there is no console within range, go to the normal console station priority.

That way you don't need to be able to order them to "man console station x", just order them to move over there and than order them to "man console stations". They will take the nearest console that you ordered them to walk over to.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby Vectorus » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:49 pm

Deantwo wrote:That way you don't need to be able to order them to "man console station x"

In the context of this discussion, we are already assuming that proximity will be the most important criteria once the logic is fixed.

I'm just adding that a "man station x" order would be useful on top of that, so that, as with "come here" and their counterpart "go to room" orders, wedhave an option for stations that are not within line of sight.

I'd perhaps prefer the logic to check the closest station to the person giving the order, not the crew member himself. That eliminates the extra step of ordering them to your position.
Vectorus

Postby Deantwo » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:16 pm

Vectorus wrote:I'm just adding that a "man station x" order would be useful on top of that, so that, as with "come here" and their counterpart "go to room" orders, we have an option for stations that are not within line of sight.

Why not make it even simpler and make it so that you can just click the console you when them to man. Like with the "move to that spot" when you click somewhere with the hand-cursor.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby Vectorus » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:51 pm

That would be fine; I'd just also like some provision for when the console is not in visual range.
Vectorus

Postby AnrDaemon » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:54 pm

Deantwo wrote:Why not make it even simpler and make it so that you can just click the console you when them to man.

Only if "Get that" command would work on consoles.
Yak. Yak never changes.
AnrDaemon

Postby AnrDaemon » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:44 pm

Deantwo wrote:Preferred logic would be to check closest console station when the order is given

As I said, "this room" is close enough to desired behavior, and still leaves room for priority selection.
(pun intended)
Yak. Yak never changes.
AnrDaemon

Previous

Return to Updates