2018-02-16 Bugs

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

2018-02-16 Bugs

Postby Haxus » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:58 pm

Vehicle Transporter Bug
Fixed a bug that caused the vehicle transporter to fail on Falbala. Attempting to use the vehicle transporter got a reply like "the transporter is not ready". The transporter will work now; affected designs do not need to be finalized or manufactured again.

Free Avatar Recall Bugs
Fixed a number of bugs that caused free avatars to fail to recall home properly.

Free Avatar Cannot Declare a Home
Attempting to declare a building as home using a free avatar produces a message like, "I can't declare this building my home. The owner is neutral toward my empire." That is fixed.

Blueprint Pics on Web
Fixed a bug that broke the pictures of blueprints shown on the web. They are now visible again.

Server Restart Disconnect
When the servers restart, the client program used to reconnect fine if left running. Now the client seems to wait forever but I have to restart it to actually reconnect. This got broken when the client side smoothing work was done recently. That bug is fixed; the client now reconnects properly after a server restart.

Orbit Star Spam
Mission order was to orbit Tarzania Gamma, a white dwarf with no planets. Crew maneuvers ship near the companion and stops. Navigator repeatedly announces he is plotting a course to the star, once per second or so. Pilot won't move. Officer won't call the order complete. Fixed a bug that caused disagreement between all involved about where the ship was supposed to be.

Spacecraft Recovery Time
The recovery time for spacecraft in stasis was reduced by half. The entire duration of the original build time felt too long.

Exchange Receipts for Free Blueprints
I received a large number of receipts in my mail for blueprints on the exchange that cost nothing. I fixed a bug there.

Exchange Blueprints Free to the Architect
Architects receive copies of their own blueprints from the exchange at no charge. FIxed a bug that made this unreliable.

Demiavatar Sends Mail to Himself
My demiavatar first officer was sending contact reports to himself, and nobody else. I put a stop to that.

New Avatar Gender Bug
Fixed a bug in the new avatar creator that caused the gender to be broken. New avatars were usually female, sometimes male, rarely what the player wanted.

Startup Cluster
The new avatar creator now selects Eastern Cluster for the Shores of Hazeron galaxy and Southern Cluster for the Veil of Targoss galaxy, as the default in the region combo box. This coincides with the location of the box (now nerfed) in those respective galaxies and it is where most people started for a while, likely to be the most populated.

Dropped and Thrown Items
Dropped and thrown items sometimes took a moment or two to start moving. That was fixed.

New Empire Message
Added a confirmation thought message when you create a new empire.

Channel Opened Message Spam
The channel opened message and its sound effect were appearing whenever a city answered a comm message, even if the channel was already open. That is fixed.

Buy Cargo Category Count Each
Added an option to the Buy Cargo Category mission order. You can now specify the number of each item in the category that is wanted. This option was also added to the transfer cargo category mission orders.

Patents Category
Patents were separated into their own category on the commodity filter widget.

No Blueprints for Free Avatars
Free avatars did not have access to any blueprints in the building or spacecraft exchanges. Fixed a bug that prevented the server from sending any exchange information to avatars with an empire id of 0.
Haxus
Site Admin

Re: 2018-02-16 Bugs

Postby Minty » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:53 am

wow! you're practically a licensed exterminator at this point, haxus! good job!
Minty

Postby Deantwo » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:56 am

Haxus wrote:Spacecraft Recovery Time
The recovery time for spacecraft in stasis was reduced by half. The entire duration of the original build time felt too long.

Reduced by half again? So it is now ¼ normal construction time?
I mean i don't mind the recovery time is shorter, as long as the spacecraft is damaged so it isn't just suddenly operational at a fraction of the time it would take to make a new one. But I don't actually know if repair time is equal to construction time.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby Haxus » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:46 am

half again

What other half? Perhaps I overlooked something.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Deantwo » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:14 pm

Haxus wrote:
half again

What other half? Perhaps I overlooked something.

See: Re: 2018-02-13 Servers
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby Haxus » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:22 pm

You caught me double-dipping to boost my stats. :lol:

I think I claimed credit twice for the same change.
Haxus
Site Admin

Return to Updates