2018-02-08 and 09 Servers

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

2018-02-08 and 09 Servers

Postby Haxus » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:11 am

Servers
The work this week was entirely concentrated on making the servers run smoother. Quite a lot was changed behind the scenes to make that happen. That means there could be problems. I will be monitoring the servers closely.

A lot of work was done a few years ago to change the thread architecture of the servers. That helped a lot but it introduced huge problems for a long time, painful to remember. The work this week was a further advancement of the changes made then, this time not so drastic. It was more of a refinement, to improve and streamline all the processes involved.

I don't expect major problems but there could be a server lockup or crash. More subtle would be something not getting processed that should. Be sensitive to whether your cities, buildings and spacecraft are functioning properly at all times.

The debug server grid ran fine all night. Cities made city reports. I've traveled about in my ship and roamed worlds killing animals. There isn't much more I can test on the debug servers. It is time for the acid test, the public servers.

Server Deadlock on Patent
Fixed a server deadlock that happened when a patent was recorded in someone's empire.

Server Deadlock on Status Report
Fixed a server deadlock that happened when the server manager probed the servers for their current status.

Crew Cannot Orbit New Cities
Fixed a problem with the crew AI that prevented them from completing the Orbit Over City mission order. They would say something about the destination world not being found.
Haxus
Site Admin

Re: 2018-02-08 and 09 Servers

Postby Haxus » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:58 pm

Growing Queue Bug
Fixed a bug that caused a queue to grow continuously because some objects were never getting removed.

Mutex Destroy Bug
Fixed a bug that caused some mutexes to get deleted while they were still locked. This did not cause a problem, just annoying warning messages.

Atom Process Bug
Fixed a bug that enabled some atoms to be processed by threads when they were not supposed to be touched.
Haxus
Site Admin

Return to Updates