2017-12-09 Storage and Bug Fixes

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

Re: 2017-12-09 Storage and Bug Fixes

Postby Greydog » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:22 pm

Haxus wrote:
Try inscribing.

oh! ...duh :oops:

tyvm :)
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!

Shores of Hazeron Repository
Greydog

Postby TestAccount » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:54 pm

Ok, so I built a building with 60 mine processes. Currently if you have the job window open and your on the tile, the game will freeze for 6 seconds then run for 1 second.
In game name: Etgfrog
TestAccount

Postby Ikkir Isth » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:51 pm

TestAccount wrote:Ok, so I built a building with 60 mine processes. Currently if you have the job window open and your on the tile, the game will freeze for 6 seconds then run for 1 second.

Maybe its time to change how processes work too.

I would prefer to place down a mine and 'mine everything I can' at that square, with discard options, and then get N amount of ore/whatever else per minute based on concentration and whatever else/tools/etc + size of mine.

Either that or labor points, where each worker available to a mine (or a job anywhere) contributes labor points every 30 seconds or so and then extracts N ore based on contributed labor points (or, everywhere, really, so you could assign more workers to a single process item line potentially.) Labor points would work good for players as well, as a tie into a character skill + ability system (Contribute skill - mining labor points + base strength per tick, for example, and then have an option to -start working- at a building, rather than just clicking a line button, and have pay be contribution & value based.
Making things with OpenGL: Image
Working on- an exploration game.
@Ikkir_Isth
Ikkir Isth

Postby Haxus » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:27 pm

The update today introduce a bug that causes new buildings that get constructed to have no manufacturing processes. I would recommend not building any before the next server update on Monday.

I started changing the way processes work, so they could be aggregated. There were complications that needed more thought. It was easier to get the old one working for now, until I could spend a little more time on it.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby 1Duane » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:08 pm

Ikkir Isth wrote:Maybe its time to change how processes work too.

Just cap how many processes can harvest off of one node. That could be another form of node variety and would alleviate the desire of some for resources to be limited-ish.

For production processes just make more processes in one place more dangerous. It's not infeasible for one factory to do dozens (?) of processes in one place, and some lores thrive off of mechanically dense planets (wh40k) but those are also places known for their.. employee turnover rates.
1Duane

Postby Deantwo » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:09 am

1Duane wrote:
Ikkir Isth wrote:Maybe its time to change how processes work too.

Just cap how many processes can harvest off of one node. That could be another form of node variety and would alleviate the desire of some for resources to be limited-ish.

The most logical way to limit amount of manufacturing processes that can mine resources, would be with the same way that old-style buildings work.

I wrote about this in the previous update thread.
Here: viewtopic.php?f=125&t=9382&start=10#p101837
Deantwo wrote:Is a building that harvest from physical resources (rocks for mines and trees for logging camps) limited by the number present at/under the building's site?

For example if I build a mine with 200 shops, will it be able to use all 200 manufacturing lines to mine ore? Even if the location only have 10 ore rocks? Or is the mine limited by the number of rocks at the location like old-style buildings are?

I am guessing mining stone and drilling water is except from this limit. Since stone might be collected from any rock type or at least allow new players to mine stone in a forest without rocks, but at a slower rate. And of course drilling for water can be done anywhere.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby AnrDaemon » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:49 am

Wich reinforces my claim that the new "city" building system is counterintuitive.
Yak. Yak never changes.
AnrDaemon

Postby Minty » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:08 am

AnrDaemon wrote:Wich reinforces my claim that the new "city" building system is counterintuitive.

I think we should give it a chance! It's still in its infancy, plenty of room to grow and become better than the old system.
Minty

Postby Haxus » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:06 pm

I agree with Dean on assessing the actual count of resources at the site for mine and well processes, like the old buildings.

It makes the choice of building blueprint more challenging. The mine placement command will have to report the number of each resource in the site.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Haxus » Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:13 pm

From a computer resource standpoint, I like seeing one building run 80 processes. That is much better than 10 large buildings running 8 processes each.

Add homes to that factory and there could be less houses too.

If it turns out that the world population limit is reached with relatively few buildings, it will be increased. We will see how big our cities can go before performance degrades too much.
Haxus
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Updates