2018-01-11 Blueprint Size, Buildings, Sea Chest, Gear Lost

Details about updates to Shores of Hazeron

2018-01-11 Blueprint Size, Buildings, Sea Chest, Gear Lost

Postby Haxus » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:07 am

Blueprint Size
A large spacecraft design could not be saved in the database. This caused all kinds of data loss.
  • Blueprint data is now compressed when transmitted or saved to a file.
  • This reduced the problem design from 288MB to 87MB, enabling it to be saved into the database without errors.
  • The designer now imposes a 100MB limit on designs, after compression.
  • When finalizing a design, the % of the size limit used by the design is reported.
Spacecraft Factory
New spacecraft factory building now works. Its building window is accessible at a capitol building.

Design Studio
New design studio building now works. You will find that it does not have buttons to enter the old spacecraft or old building designers.

Bank
New bank building now works. Its building window is accessible at a capitol building.

Arena
New arena now works. The minimum size requirement was reduced considerably. The previous minimum size was much too large.

Hangar
New hangar now works.

Mass Media
New mass media building has a working user interface. It is accessible at a capitol building. Media building does not actually publish any media yet.

Broker
New broker building has a working user interface. It is accessible at a capitol building. Broker building does not actually fill or send orders yet.

Airport Repair Shop
New airport repair shop now works.

Military Headquarters
New military HQ has a building page that is very similar to a capitol building. It can be used to rename the base and to manage the military buildings. So far, there is nothing you can do to them except look at their info.

Town Square
Old town square now has a page on the City window. Its only function is to offer a button for renaming the city.

Rename City
The rename city button was removed from the Government Cities and Bases page.

Arena Scene Sync
Fixed a bug in the scene synchronizer when you were in an arena. The bug caused a large amount of error message output on the server and client, plus unnecessary data transmission, which could have induced noticeable lag.

Spacecraft Parking Spot
Spacecraft parking spot was added as a part type in the new designer. It is a requirement for spacecraft factories and airport terminals. The size of the icon is the maximum size of ship that can be built on the ground.

Buildings Show Parking Spots
The lines that show existing and proposed buildings when constructing a building now include parking spots. They are drawn as a box with diagonal lines between the corners, to X the box.

Sea Chest
Sea chest is no longer separated by galaxy. Instead, it is separated by zone: conflict or neutral. Now you have only two sea chests instead of twenty. I ran a process to consolidate all of your current sea chest contents into the new sea chests accordingly.

Gear Lost on Recall
When you recall to a different galaxy, due to death or any other reason, you no longer lose all of your gear. You will lose your gear if you recall to the neutral zone from the conflict zone, or the reverse.

Burden Color
The color of the text on the gear window now shows yellow or red when your burden is very heavy. The text coloration was lost when a change was made to use the new Qt style sheets instead of the old way of customizing the appearance of the UI. The old way the text was colored did not work with the new style sheets.

Account Balance
Account balance on the gear window is back to being colored red when you have debt. The amount of your current debt is also shown.

Construction Button
The construction button now shows the new building construction window. It also has a button on its menu for opening the old construction window.

Building Button
The city button now shows the new building window. It also has a button on its menu for opening the old city window.

Hot Key Changes
The default hot keys were changed for the construction and building windows.
  • F10 Building window.
  • Shift+F10 Old city window.
  • F11 Construction window.
  • Shift+F11 Old construction window.
New Bases Not Listed
Fixed a bug that caused new headquarters to not create a new city entry in your empire, so they did not show up on lists or anything. This will be corrected for existing bases when the servers restart.
Haxus
Site Admin

Re: 2018-01-11 Blueprint Size, Buildings, Sea Chest, Gear Lo

Postby Haxus » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:03 am

This update is a significant milestone. It represents the end of the first broad stroke pass at revamping cities. It feels like we have broken through to the other side.

Now to go back and clean up the debris and tie up loose ends.
  • Electrical power
  • Street lights
  • Building insides, accessing and operating their doors and stuff.
  • Building functions, e.g. broker shipments, media, military
  • Building communications, mainly for trade but also crew, passengers, and other people.
  • Bugs
  • New stuff, like fences and platforms.
That will get most of my attention for the next few weeks. These things are prepared to come together nicely.

This is a fun phase, from a development stand point, as one thing after another gets completed.
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Haxus » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:15 am

The new capitol building is now much more capable of managing a city than the old capitol building. The new capitol can access these functions of the buildings in its city.
    Bank
    Broker
    Building utilization, connections, info, stored commodities.
    Construction
    Manufacturing
    Mass Media
    Spacecraft Production
    Sheds
    Storage Tanks
    Warehouses
The old capitol building can access these functions of its city buildings.
    Construction
    Manufacturing
    Mass Media
    Spacecraft Production
    Town Square
Haxus
Site Admin

Postby Greydog » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:44 pm

shift+f10 is not working.
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!

Shores of Hazeron Repository
Greydog

Postby Deantwo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:38 pm

Greydog wrote:shift+f10 is not working.

Yeah, I was rebinding my keys a little and noticed this too.
Looks like something is stealing this binding?

Edit:
Ooh yeah, I knew it sounded familiar.
See: http://www.zeigen.com/shortcuts/2007/03/01/shortcut-menu/
It is a default Windows binding for "Menu". So might not be able to use that in the game.
AnrDaemon is the solution to the [s]Fermi Paradox[/s] Hazeron suggestion flood problem, the great suggestion filter.
Deantwo

Postby Greydog » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:29 pm

you are correct Dean ..I set mine to alt+f10 and it works now.
I plan on living forever ..so far so good!

Shores of Hazeron Repository
Greydog

Postby AnrDaemon » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:23 pm

Haxus wrote:Hot Key Changes
The default hot keys were changed for the construction and building windows.
  • F10 Building window.
  • Shift+F10 Old city window.
  • F11 Construction window.
  • Shift+F11 Old construction window.

Why? Can't you just show a world-appropriate window instead of breaking user settings?
Last edited by AnrDaemon on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yak. Yak never changes.
AnrDaemon

Postby AnrDaemon » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:24 pm

Deantwo wrote:
Greydog wrote:shift+f10 is not working.

Yeah, I was rebinding my keys a little and noticed this too.
Looks like something is stealing this binding?

Shift+F10 is a context menu button, the default shortcut when Apps key is not present on keyboard.
It IS technically possible to use any key in the game, even Alt+F4.
Yak. Yak never changes.
AnrDaemon

Return to Updates